Wednesday, July 22, 2009

standing - by himself!

Jason called me today to tell me he saw Kaemon Ze standing - all by himself - for at least the nine seconds that he counted!

Kaemon Ze and I have been playing at balancing. He gets a big thrill out of it. I noticed that he's more Zen if he has something to focus on other than balancing, so I give him something to focus on, like a toy. When he realizes he's balancing for a few seconds, he smiles a huge smile and reaches for me.

Jason had Kaemon Ze holding on to a chair we have in the kitchen while he was doing the dishes. He said he looked over and noticed Kaemon Ze engrossed in a toy... and standing on his own! Daddy counted silently to nine before Kaemon Ze realized what was going on and grabbed for the chair.

Amazing. So awesome Daddy got to see that!!

Zzzzz... Kaemon Ze crashed, mid-dinner. :)

Papa is at least two states away, but he wanted to make sure his grandson has shades for the car... Daddy got these to make sure baby and Papa are happy. :)

2 comments:

Gramma Karen said...

What a fabulous, precious picture of you and the babe! Did Jason take that?

Heather from PNW said...

I agree with Gramma Karen. I love that pict. Good job!