Friday, March 11, 2011

a day of adventures!

"I want to touch it?"

:) A fun find at the toy store.
No, I didn't buy it.
But I wanted to.

After the toy store. :)
His new dinosaur: a velociraptor!
His grandma Bunny told him to have his parents buy him one - her treat.
That was back in January.
The toy store had to special-order it...from France.
It finally arrived!
He keeps kissing it.

While he napped, I worked on my float painting.
(the helicopter is not really part of the painting...)

After he woke up, we went to visit a friend who recently had surgery. While we were there, the sun popped out and we enjoyed standing near her garden, backs to the sun, while Kaemon Ze enjoyed our shadows.

Once we got home, JoyBoy wanted to keep playing in the sunshine. We walked through our back garden and and said he wanted to "eat that." I think it's a chives (but it could be a bunch of miniature leeks). I told him he could.

Later, I had to carry him away from the chives...! He was not willing to go on his own. He wasn't upset or anything, but he just keep macking on them.

Once we got in the car with Daddy, I offered him a piece of gum to freshen his breath. :)

We went to (dinner then to) a fund-raiser for an elementary school where Chris Haberman was showing. His fellow artist, Jennifer, was there too. I just love how she paints giraffes.

What does JoyBoy find, practically immediately?
He's such a boy!
(No, he did not get to keep it).

Enjoying hot dog art.

More giraffes.
Giraffes always make me think of Bairbre.

My favorite shot... love this!

A current, local joke.
"Put a bird on it and call it art."

There was an art activity room!
JoyBoy and daddy are making what I call, "alter boxes"...the school called them something similar but different.

Every chair in the art room was different...this one was a cartoon...a rather disturbing cartoon, I might add.


Nothing like being in school again...






We brought this painting home as well as this hand-drawn shirt. :)

No comments: