Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I saw my OBGYN today and she said I'm dilated to a one! My cervix is "effaced" 50% and feels "nice and soft". The baby's head is down... all things indicating my body is getting ready to birth this lil guy. I didn't mention to the doctor, but I had what probably was a contraction last night just before Jason got home. It felt like a cramp, stayed for several minutes, and didn't return when it went away.

The doctor said I'm a pretty easy-going person (she said I don't complain much); knows that I want to pre-labor at home, and she knows I'm not going to be one of 'those' women who show up and get sent home for false labor. Heh. She gave me the signs of what to look for; when to call the hospital; and she acknowledged that when I do show up, I'll no doubt be 'really' ready to birth. :) I do hope our lil guy comes sooner than later (don't all women?)... and I'm hoping my body's on course to do so.

We still haven't got the car seat yet; completed the hospital forms; washed any baby clothes; and we haven't packed our bags for the hospital...but we did purchase organic baby detergent and we do have a "starter set" of gDiapers, though it's no where near enough to even get us through a day or two. We're hoping to get some things done this weekend, though we do have a birthing class to attend Friday night and all day Saturday (offered via the hospital).

One day at a time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Hopefully someone got some nice closeups with an SLR. Way to go Chris - you rock.