Monday, March 19, 2012
lemoncholy
Thought this exchange between Kaemon Ze and his Grandma was funny. He made use of his "word of the day," based on a book we've been reading (over and over) about an ogre who lost his "familiar" (a cat) and became melancholy.
We were searching video still images on youtube looking for funny animal ones to watch. Kaemon Ze sees an animal that looks kind of sad, and he says "lemoncholy! he looks lemoncholy".
I'm trying to figure out what he sees and what he means, so I ask "Lemoncholy. hmm .. I don't know that word. Might you mean melancholy?"
"Yeah! Melancholy! Melancholy .."
(Wrong fruit, right word. ;))
"That's an interesting word. Do you know what melancholy means?"
"It means when somebody loses something that they love, like a pet, then they look kind of sad then that's melancholy. They look melancholy."
Wow. Brilliance comes in small packages these days!
Good job mom!
=D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment