Friday, March 22, 2013

one full friday!

Our day started off with a (pre-arranged) talk with a local police officer. A few weeks back, JoyBoy unbuckled his seat belt while I was driving and played like he had something to hide. When I asked him if he had unbuckled his belt, he said he didn't...but he had. Bad choice, son. Later, we talked about ideas for a consequence to his choice and we agreed he could talk to an officer and tell him what he had done. The meeting went well; the officer is super nice and gave JoyBoy a sticker and a magnet. Kaemon Ze promised to "never unbuckle his seat belt again." Good choice, son!

As a funny side, when we pulled up to the police station, Kaemon Ze looked at the building and said, "Is this it? Are we there?" When I confirmed that this was indeed the police station, he said, "I thought it would be more interesting." Ha! Did you now?

After our nice visit, we met up with one of Kaeon Ze's buddies at a rock & gem show. I knew Kaemon Ze would NOT be overjoyed so I didn't mention "where" we were going...
 Sure enough, when we walked in, he took one look at the first display (above), yawned and said, "This is boring." (Kaemon Ze's understanding of "boring" is "You want to do something else.") He's been using this word for a while now, which is amazing to us because neither his Dad nor I use the word. (My mom always said, "Only boring people are bored." That always stuck with me...and hence, I am NEVER bored.)
I thought, "Just you wait, son..." And sure enough...he was engaged and enjoyed the experience. I mean, with a kid's area that had a free "mystery give-away," skulls carved out of rock (see above), a nice lady who gave the boys each a shark tooth, another man who gave them each a piece of a broken trilobite fossil, and a funny old lady in the bathroom making up her own (excellent) jokes...it was a fun time spent!



 The broken trilobite...
 Each friend got one, how fun is that?

 We bought the boys one geode to break.










No comments: