I'm excited to see the baby again next week via ultra-sound. There's a small part of me that's still hopeful it's a girl. *grin* So I'm looking forward to getting another look-see at the "parts".
A few weeks back, I was out trimming roses when a woman walked by and struck up a conversation. One of the things she said was, "I had three ultrasounds - one of them was late term. I was told each time it was a boy. Then I gave birth to a girl. It took me two weeks to name her because I just wasn't prepared for a girl!"
Again I was re-minded that the Universe has a keen sense of humour. Just when I accepted the evidence (given by the ultrasound technician) that I was going to have a boy... this woman comes bee-bopping into my awareness with THAT message. I don't believe in coincidences, but I do have a strong appreciation for synchronicities. So I've been shaking my head and smiling when I think about that little interaction.
We haven't settled on a name for our son - we've been pretty laid back about it. Playing with words and meanings; when the mood strikes each of us has been doing online research. It did occur to me last week that maybe a name hasn't come to us because maybe, just maybe, we're having a girl. *grin*
Now, I don't want you to worry that I'm deluding myself about this. If we have a boy, I will be absolutely thrilled and positively in love with him. I knew, years ago, that if on the off-chance I did have a child, and if, on the off-off chance it was a boy, it would be to raise a boy who is free of the bonds of machismo. Now I'm married to a man who is not only just that (machismo-free), he's writing a book about the 'new male'. So, if we are to have a son, his timing is sheer perfection and I am honoured to be the portal which brings him forth.
And... hope springs eternal. *laughing* Stay tuned... I'm hoping to have photos (and video!) to post after next Thursday's ultrasound.
No comments:
Post a Comment