Sunday, November 30, 2008

five weeks of age - already!

Kaemon Ze is five weeks old today... it's going so fast! Kaemon still has that sweet sounding infant cry. I told Jason we really should capture it on video - as it will not last long. Jason grabbed the camera and the timing was perfect - it was nearly time for Kaemon to eat - so he was able to capture some fun awake time and then... the cry. Too cute! Once we're through this week (it's a full one!), I'll ask Jason to download the video so I can upload it to the blog. Stay tuned.

It's been a full week for us. Kaemon had his first Thanksgiving... he acted very 'cool' about it, despite the fact that we dressed him in two special "My First Thanksgiving" outfits given to him by both his grandmas! He even slept through dinner - couldn't be bothered to rouse for Jason's family's antics. Heh.

Kaemon was held and loved by lots of people this week - both family and friends alike. He's one lucky baby!

I'm knee-deep and no-going-back into painting the dining room. It's going well... it's just taking time (even more time with the babe in our lives). Shannan, a friend of ours, came over last Saturday evening and helped us get the primer on the walls. Luckily, I got a really good one (Jason was muy impressed), so we only needed one coat. Tonight, we had Grandpa Joe Joe help buy us back some time by installing our new chandelier - he said there must have been 100 crystals on it, but I think it's closer to 30... but still. Heh! Grandma Karen came with to hold the babe so Jason and I could continue to work on the trim (so time consuming). Thank you Shannan, Joe Joe and Karen for all your help!

You know your baby's nursing a long time when... you end up with his ear-print on your arm!

No comments: