Saturday, November 15, 2008

home... at last!

We arrived home late tonight after being in California for a week. We loved seeing everyone again and we are loving being home again. It's amazing... Kaemon will be three weeks of age tomorrow and of that time, we've barely been home a week between hospital visits and the trip to California. It just amazes me. This mama is looking forward to settling in and finding a routine.

On the way home today, we made a quick stop in Salem so Jason's grandparents could meet their first great-grandchild. Kaemon Ze slept through the visit, but Marsten and Truth seemed to quite delighted to see him anyway. Marsten gave us a copy of his one and only baby photo - there is some family resemble in the photo. I told Marsten we'd put the photo in Kaemon's baby book.

Speaking of baby photos - it's amazing how much Kaemon Ze looks like his daddy's baby photos. I've been saying that the only part of Kaemon Ze that's strictly "me" is the top of his left ear, which looks like one of my ears - that's it. All I get is the top of one ear. *laughing* Perhaps he'll get my non-physical features like my stunning personality, sweet disposition, and raucous sense of humour. hehehehe :)













Jason's grandpa Marsten, estimated 6 months of age.













Jason, 2 weeks of age, 1972.













Kaemon Ze, 2 weeks of age, 2008.

1 comment:

lynn said...

I just saw this posting and am amazed at how much daddy & baby look alike. I take back my comment earlier, Kaemon looks just like Jason! Beautiful!!!!!