Sunday, September 27, 2009

nearing the end...

It was a bumper crop for us this year! Our plums and grapes produced mightily and for the first time ever, the pear tree decided to pop out dozens upon dozens of pears. (The pear tree is grafted and produces both Asian pears and Bartlett pears.) I am nearly done preserving it all. I still have about two batches of no-sugar-added plum jam and I want to try to make pickles; I haven't done that before. Don't worry Shannan, if I'm successful, I won't share the pickles with you. ;)

(Plum jam, and plum/pear/apple jam being processed in a hot water bath.)

Feeding Kaemon Ze dinner while watching the hot water bath. He was fascinated - can you tell? hahaha At the same time, Jason was up on the roof sweeping the inside of the chimney. I'm sorry to say that I accidently deleted the photo I took of him. He refuses to get back up on the roof so I can re-take the shot. :) I can't imagine why...

1 comment:

Shannan said...

You can have ALL the pickles to yourself! HA!