Wednesday, January 26, 2011

funny thing happened today

I was walking to the Post Office and had the thought that, like it or not, I've noticed people respond more positively to me when I'm at my ideal weight. A few memories flashed in my mind including that of favorite barista who was often complimentary of my appearance (but not in a creepy way or that would ruffle Gloria Steinem's feathers).

Fast forward a few years and one baby later. I'm heavier and the compliments from the barista have stopped or at least shifted. Now he says, "You washed your hair!" Ummm...thanks, dude. (I told him that's such a "guy" thing to say.)

So there I was walking and for some reason, noting this differentiation in how I'm received (then vs. now) when all of a sudden this van turns in front of me and I get a..."Heeeey Baby!" I look up, surprised, and wouldn't you know it...it's my barista! Made me laugh out loud - both the wolf call (which, would make Gloria Steinem's feathers ruffle back in the day) and the synchronicity of manifesting that within moments of thinking about it. Plus it'd be just like my barista to step out of a box you just put him in. Too funny. Maybe he noticed that I'm 15 lbs lighter and getting my "hot" factor back. Yeah...that must be it.

When I got home, I stepped out of the car and my husband wolf-whistled at me! Ha! I told him, "that's the second one in an hour!"

CLEARLY...my hot factor is returning.

No comments: