Thursday, October 6, 2011

no ducks for me

The Oregon Ducks are playing tonight - very exciting for my hubby. Heh! Usually we all go to his parents to watch the game on their big HDTV. Tonight was no exception. Expect it was. My awesome mother-in-law invited us over for dinner and the game and knowing I am still harvesting, offered to keep Kaemon Ze until Daddy arrived to watch the game. That was sooooo helpful! I knew I had work to do, but having only glanced at the garden since getting back from the coast, I didn't know what needed attention. Well...it seems, most everything did!

This afternoon's harvest: onions, yellow romas, pepperoncinins, red toms, red romas, lil red and yellow pear toms, some sort of sweet pepper, poblano peppers, and cukes.

From which I made: chili sauce (wow...it took a LONG time to prep and cook and process) and roasted poblano peppers (to make into something...salsa or just freeze for future Mexican-inspired dishes). I also started the pepperoncini's soaking in a salty brine to can tomorrow.

Needless to say, I did not make it over to see the game, but was entirely grateful for the time.

I'm growing 20...as in TWENTY...of these pepper plants. Funny thing is, I don't know what they are! My father-in-law gave me a package of seeds to plant, so I did. I'm calling them, "Mystery Hot Peppers." In reality, I don't know if they're hot (I've been chicken to try, haha!)

Another funny mutation.

Ready to roast the poblano peppers.

Ready to make "Mystery Hot Pepper" jam in the morning.

No comments: