Thursday, March 26, 2009

five months old today

We are celebrating Kaemon Ze's five-months-in-our-world-birthday today. For Jason and me, KZ has enriched our own little world - so much. Before he was born, I had a few mamas tell me that we were in for a whole other level of love; a love like we've not known before. And they are, of course, right. We are so in love with this lil one. We are absolutely thrilled that he answered our call to come join us in this amazing 3D experience. He also answered my request to be healthy, smart, cute, and ...funny. I was really looking forward to having a child who shares my sense of humour. Hard to say just yet, but judging by how much laughter Kaemon Ze elicits from us, I'd gamble to say it looks like I'm going to have a partner in silliness, pranks, and jokes. Poor Daddy... heh!

I wanted to get a shot of Kaemon Ze's open palm to show all five of his fingers (representing his fifth month of life). This morning I asked Jason to help me with the shot. With his arms full of dirty laundry, he looked at me and blinked..."you have got to be kidding." What? Just because we're running late; your hands are full; you're not even dressed for work yet; and KZ doesn't spend a lot of with his palms open anyway.... I smiled at my audacity, but Jason - man, he is such a good sport - dropped the laundry and became my photo assistant. The best we could do at the moment was a palm down shot. :)


"One of your baby's favorite playthings this month may be his toes. He'll delight in reaching out and grabbing them to put in his mouth." - Yep, that's Kaemon Ze. He loves his toes and his shoes. He especially likes the soft leather shoes that have puppy faces on them. They were a hand-me-down gift from Sara, who said her son Anakin LOVED them. Technically, they're too big for KZ (which is great, because I'm looking forward to see him motoring around the house in them), but I put them on him because he enjoys trying to "get them".

Another thing I read about this age is that babies may think that seeing you sneeze is funny. I questioned this as Kaemon Ze has seen me sneeze plenty of times (especially recently as my spring-time allergies are here), but he's never laughed at me. I faked a sneeze with him while I was putting on his jammies, and he laughed out loud! I was so surprised. I sneezed again, and he giggled at me. Too fun. I grabbed the video and captured him laughing at my fake sneezes a little (he gets distracted by the camera) - and I got him squawking like a pterodactyl, too! I'll post as soon as I can. :)

Kaemon Ze is right on target for these five-month milestones:
  • Your baby is able to reach accurately for an object.

  • He can hold his head steady when sitting upright.

  • Baby can raise his chest with arm support while lying on his stomach.

  • He can roll over in one direction.

  • Baby can grasp a rattle.

  • He pays attention to very small objects.

  • Baby squeals with delight.

  • He spontaneously smiles.

  • Baby mimics sounds and gestures.

  • He turns towards the source of a sound or voice.

  • Baby gets attention by babbling.

  • He makes different sounds for different needs.
The list should include a bullet point about squealing like a pterodactyl.


1 comment:

lynn said...

Oh Gigi, he is precious! I love to watch the videos. Your life is so full and rich! Olli celebrates his 1st birthday today. I can't wait to go squeeze his cheeks!