Thursday, March 12, 2009

the goddess in me

The office where I work is tiny - it's a satelite office for a much larger nationwide firm. Currently, there are three bodies who keep the lights on here; and two of us are part-time. I work for two great guys. My boss once said, "I know you don't miss me when I'm traveling, but I miss it when you're away." Heh. He knows I like my autonomy. Anyway, because the office is so small, I wear many different hats (I have a great skill set for such a position). I'm the Office Manager, but I also wear these hats: marketing; HTML programmer; tech support; admin assistant; etc. I don't wear the janitor or coffee girl hat, thankfully.

Since I've returned from maternity leave, I've been having fun creating my own "goddess" titles in the e-mails I send to (certain) folks in the company. I try to relate the title to the work I'm doing/done. What really amuses me is that no one - not one person, from Vice Presidents to Accounting, have said anything to me. I can only surmise that they have not noticed... so I continue to evolve my titles. Here's my list to date:

Recipient Goddess
FERC Search Goddess
Printer Consultation Goddess
Goddess of Questions
CD Makin' Goddess
Recap Goddess
Google Earth Goddess
Picture Fixer Goddess
Wikipedia Goddess
Consultation Goddess
Word Goddess
Office Clown
PDF Goddess
Invoice Goddess
Report Goddess
Formatting Goddess
Memo Goddess
PDF Mistress
eExpense Report Goddess
Office Mama
Office Brake Goddess
Office Map Goddess
Office Follow-up Goddess
Office Electrical Goddess
Office Supply Goddess
Office Goddess/Manager

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! You could do a whole 'nother goddess list for your wife/mother/homemaker/housekeeper/gardener/photographer/cook/fire-builder/canner/planner/artist et al selves! =D

Heather from PNW said...

After one of our conversations a few years ago, I have used your "Office Goddess" title for myself to different people. It is always received with a smile and a laugh! Currently, I am sticking with the "Financial Fairy" title.

Unknown said...

I noticed oh FERC search goddess! Thanks for the help!

JoyGirl said...

Ginger - that's funny! I've been cracking myself up with this. Gotta keep it fun. ;)