Saturday, January 23, 2010

guerilla tactics - with love

A little something I do to spread a little fun and joy to random folks is to modify my (used) latte sleeves. Usually I take my own mug, but once in a while I forget, and end up with a store-cup and sleeve, Like this one above.

I cover the logo with stickers, like this.

Here's what the back of a modified sleeve may look like.

This one needed a little something more.

Perfect!

The original.

The improved.

The flip side.

So what do I do with them?
I return them to the shops and put them back in the stack of new sleeves. :)
I'm such a rebel.


I made chicken tacos tonight.
They turned out so pretty I took a photo. :)

6 comments:

Shannan said...

That is such a cool idea! I'm so glad you're in the world, spreading joy :)

The Sandeen Family said...

Haha! That's awesome! I would be excited if I got a special sleeve from a random store. =D

Gramma Karen said...

Such fun you are! I cannot even imagine the various reactions when someone grabs one of these treasures. You truly are JoyGirl!

lynn said...

Gigi- I'm not surprised at all that you would do this! I love them! Miss chatting it up with you. Sending love to all!!!!

WHO DAT!!!!!!! ;)

edocfisher said...

What a great Idea!! Can I adopt your idea and spread the love : )?

JoyGirl said...

Thanks everyone! Yes, please use this idea or any other - I love to be inspired and inspire!

PS - I snuck the sleeves back into the coffee shop on Monday and looked for them on Tuesday - all gone! Fun!

Sometimes I'll write something inspirational so it (hopefully) seems like a personal message from the Universe written specifically for that person. Maybe something like, "Yes, you can do it" or "I believe in you" or "you make the world a better place," etc.

I'd love so see what you create, if you're so inspired to do something similar. :)