
I can hardly believe our little guy is 15 months old today!Kaemon Ze is starting to repeat words more and more. Today I started to think about all the words he either says or signs (with baby sign language) and soon realized I needed a pen and paper. Thank you husband and Grandma for your input, too! Little Dude is learning by leaps and bounds:
Baby Sign Language Used:
yes
no
phone
all done
hat
flower
apple
frog
please
me (please and me may be the same: "I want")
burp
banana
berry
book
more
bottle
thank you
toothbrush
eat
dog
cat
fish
butterfly
sleep
pig
bunny
hot
Books - when he wants one of his favorites, he will sign to let you know which one he wants:
Itsy Bitsy Spider (he signs "rain")
Wheels on the Bus (he signs "wheels" - for him, it's moving his body back and forth; he'll also do a circle on his chest)
BINGO (he claps)
Barnyard Dance (he claps and stomps his feet)
Spoken Words:
mom/mama
dad/daddy
hey
hat
up
light
cheese (new)
octopus (new)
turtle (new)
chicken (new)
Katie
hummingbird (new)
hi
how do
Books - when he wants one of his favorites, he will sign to let you know which one he wants:
Itsy Bitsy Spider (he signs "rain")
Wheels on the Bus (he signs "wheels" - for him, it's moving his body back and forth; he'll also do a circle on his chest)
BINGO (he claps)
Barnyard Dance (he claps and stomps his feet)
5 Little Monkeys (he makes the monkey sound)
mom/mama
dad/daddy
hey
hat
up
light
cheese (new)
octopus (new)
turtle (new)
chicken (new)
Katie
hummingbird (new)
hi
how do
owe (when accidently hurts us, he kisses the owie)
nuh-huh
uh-ho
ice
eye
oops
clock
duck
boo!
nan (bread)
outside
nuh-huh
uh-ho
ice
eye
oops
clock
duck
boo!
nan (bread)
outside
grandma "am-maw" (new)
grandpa "gampa" or "papa" (new)
truck "uck"
tractor "actor" (new)
hot (new)
Cheerios "o's"
dirty
dirty
Phrases Used a few times:
I love you dad
I love you mom
Word NOT spoken to date:
No! (isn't that GREAT?)
Animal Sounds:
snake
cat
bear
tiger
lion
elephant (new)
squirrel
whale (new)
duck
monkey/ape/chimp
chicken
fish
horse
owl
sheep
goat
cow
wolf
Now he's pointing to more obscure animals in his photo book and wanting to know their sounds... animals like whales, crickets, slugs, deer. We've been watching Planet Earth (BBC edition, on DVD), which has been helpful in learning some of these more unknown animal sounds. I'm anticipating he'll ask about giraffes and thus far, I'm stumped. :D

We're amazed at how much he understands. For example, last week I noticed his rooster toy was on the floor. Without pointing to it, I looked directly at him and said, "would you pick up your rooster and put it in your toy box?" - And he did! I didn't even know he knew "toy box." Also last week, I looked directly at him (eye contact) and spoke a very long request: "would you put mommy's socks on the other side of the gate so daddy can taken them down to wash?" To our utter amazement, he took the socks and dropped them over the baby gate, into the hall. WOW.
Since he's so aware, he's making us so aware of what we say and do. ;)
A few more notes for me to record for future baby book input: he's just a smidgen over 29 lbs and is working on his 4th(?) moler. He has a total of nine teeth in.
I love you dad
I love you mom
Word NOT spoken to date:
No! (isn't that GREAT?)
Animal Sounds:
snake
cat
bear
tiger
lion
elephant (new)
squirrel
whale (new)
duck
monkey/ape/chimp
chicken
fish
horse
owl
sheep
goat
cow
wolf
Now he's pointing to more obscure animals in his photo book and wanting to know their sounds... animals like whales, crickets, slugs, deer. We've been watching Planet Earth (BBC edition, on DVD), which has been helpful in learning some of these more unknown animal sounds. I'm anticipating he'll ask about giraffes and thus far, I'm stumped. :D

We're amazed at how much he understands. For example, last week I noticed his rooster toy was on the floor. Without pointing to it, I looked directly at him and said, "would you pick up your rooster and put it in your toy box?" - And he did! I didn't even know he knew "toy box." Also last week, I looked directly at him (eye contact) and spoke a very long request: "would you put mommy's socks on the other side of the gate so daddy can taken them down to wash?" To our utter amazement, he took the socks and dropped them over the baby gate, into the hall. WOW.
Since he's so aware, he's making us so aware of what we say and do. ;)
A few more notes for me to record for future baby book input: he's just a smidgen over 29 lbs and is working on his 4th(?) moler. He has a total of nine teeth in.
Things he LOVES:
crushed ice cubes;
wheels / tires in ANY form;
being read to;
those he sees most: his dad, mom, grandma, grandpa, and Katie;
playing outside;
his fairies, fish, and hummingbird above his crib;
making eye contact with people he doesn't (yet) know;
looking at his books;
the family cat, Raven (who seems to have an intrinsic connection with Kaemon Ze);
being chased; and
rocking out on his electronic keyboard (he'll manage to push the button that creates a great beat and then he'll start bobbing his body, so we start dancing, then just like a DJ, he'll keep on hand on the keys and watch his crowd, adjusting his tunes to suit his mood. Really funny to watch him channel some DJ.)

3 comments:
can you do extreme chewing as a noise-alternative for giraffes? Sadly that's about as loud as they get....
Loving Kaemon Ze from far away, as always!
Ha! I'll do that B! He'll get a kick out of that, I'm sure.
PS - did you notice he's reading one of the books you gave him on your visit? He really likes the page tabs and enjoys spending time looking at the detailed scenes. THANK YOU, again!
We love you and that big guy of yours!
I need to hang around more. I feel like I'm missing out on so much! Missing you all :)
Post a Comment