Saturday, October 18, 2008

baby and me... we're still one

Hi everyone. Guess I'd better 'get my post on' so you know I'm still pregnant. Heh.

When I told Jason the doctor said I lost a pound this week, he looked in the nearly empty mini-doughnut box and, with a smile, wondered where that pound went.

One of Jason's co-workers suggested to him that I walk a lot to make the baby come; a co-worker of mine suggested leaning against a wall and squatting (to use gravity) to make the baby come. My mom on the other hand is saying, "don't do anything... he's not finished baking... just let him be." I haven't done anything to intentionally encourage him outward except to ask him when he's coming. :)

Here's a photo of me in the "Halloweener Dog" t-shirt my boss' wife got me so I'd have a Halloween costume. While Jason was taking the photos, my tummy got real tight (another Braxton-Hicks "practice" contraction) and he snapped the photo of me responding to it. Heh.

Two weeks away from due date (11/3); Today is the start of my 38th week.

We're off to "family game night" at the home of Jason's cousin. I hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

Love and Joy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gigi,

Walking when you have the spunk to do so is good because it keeps you in shape. But if it makes you tired don't do it because you want to be rested. However I have to say during labor you SHOULD walk as much as possible, it speeds up the process, especially walking uphill. I walked with Anakin (around the hospital which is on a hill) and had a speedy labor and delevery process. I didn't walk much with Pepper and I'm sure you recall the much longer and difficult process I went through with her. Of course a lot of it is mind set too and I'm sure you have a good one. Just keep it on your mind that you have one job to do when you are in labor, and no matter how long it might seem that baby will come out and cry to be in your arms. Love ya and thinking of you. Joy to you x's and o's!

Mind Sprite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mind Sprite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannan said...

Halloweener Dog. Heh.

Hang in there, toots! You're almost to the finish line.

p.s. Please excuse the deleted comments. I was confused :P