Friday, October 3, 2008

cousin Trish said...

I talked to my Mom last night who said cousin Trish (who is a long-time nurse is ~the~ lactation specialist for the hospital where she works) was over the night before. Trish told Mom that since I was dilated to a one and 'effaced' at 50%, I would give birth within a week. I said to Mom, "No way!" And Mom said, "that's what I said!" Trish said definitely within two weeks.

I know I keep saying and thinking, "I hope he comes early" ... and hearing "one week" is still shocking. Heh!

Jason and I are beginning to scramble on this end, as you can imagine. Last night, Jason set up a temporary changing table and got the first loads of "newborn" clothes, blankets, etc. in the wash. Good thing the car seat and diapers were shipped yesterday. Our friend Annie offered her infant car seat - and we may just take her up on that. Thank you Annie! I still have yet to pack a bag for our upcoming stay... and still have the pre-admission paper work to fill out.

Tonight and most of tomorrow, we are scheduled to take the birthing class offered via the hospital. I'm looking forward to getting some questions about hospital procedures answered.

I think it's safe to say we're in a mode of "hurry up and wait." :)

No comments: