Jason's parents (Karen & Joe) stopped by this evening so Jason could install the spare infant car seat and base into their car. When the police officer helped install the bigger car seat into my car, she mentioned that the nurses at the hospital's birthing center may want us to bring the car seat into the center to check to make sure the baby can breath okay in it. Isn't it amazing how billions and billions of humans have survived prior to these kinds of requirements?? It's not a "for sure, going to happen" request from the hospital, but the seat in my car is in so tight and so snug that I am simply unwilling to remove it. Jason had the brilliant thought that, since his parents will be at the birth center anyway, we'll put the infant car seat in their car (it's the kind you can unclick from the base and carry around), so if it's needed, we'll have one to take into the center.After Jason got the base and car seat installed, we all went out for dinner at a place that serves yummy Mexican food. It was there that Joe announced his Baby Names of the Week to me: "Obi-Wan," he said, trying to suppress a smile. "Like... Obi-Wan Kendobi [of the Star Wars series]?" I asked. "Yep. Well that," Joe replied, "or Dice". "Dice," I repeated, becoming conscious that I was nodding my head, willing myself to comprehend... "like Andrew Dice Clay." We'll see what he comes up with next week. I've noticed Joe's getting more obscure in his suggestions... it's vexing him that he'll come up with a name he likes, only to hear it on the radio, tv, in conversations. Blast that Law of Attraction!
1 comment:
At the hospital Anakin was born in it was required that you bring in a carseat. You could not leave with your child in hand, it had to be properly intalled (LOL, sounds like the baby is some equipment) in the baby seat. If you didn't have one then the hospital would loan you one. I couldn't believe it, I could not carry my child out of the hospital in hand, he had to be buckled (snugly) into the carseat before I could take him. BE PREPARED! lol
Post a Comment