Sunday, October 12, 2008

thank goodness it's Sunday

I had a rough night last night: acid reflux, which meant I had to try to sleep sitting up, on the couch. I wasn't very successful. Jason woke up with Oliver around 5am and after taking Ollie out to piddle and fed him, walked to the store to get me a bottle of Maalox. Then we sat on the couch and chatted for a while about the day ahead of us. This afternoon we are both looking forward to the baby shower being hosted by Laura and Kim. Jason has plans to finish stacking the firewood this morning, but first he did the dishes, changed the sheets on the bed, took the curtains down to wash and started a load of laundry. Yep... you don't have to tell me. I know it. I'm one lucky girl. :)

While he was down stairs doing laundry I felt I might actually be able to lay down without having to worry about the acid reflux. I slept for a few more blessed hours and went out to see how Jason was progressing on his wood stacking. He was nearly finished. Whew! That was a big job! I went in to do some nesting of my own: vacuum, sweep, clean for a bit. I made Jason a nice breakfast, then he took a shower and a much-deserved nap before we left for the baby shower, but not before a quick stop for some caffeinated lattes. :)

No comments: