Thursday, October 9, 2008

"the show" has occurred

The new car seat arrived today - just in time I might add - as I had an appointment with a police officer to get it installed today. Heh! It's all about flow and timing, isn't it?

You may be wondering why I would have a police officer help me install the car seat. Statistically more than 80% of all car seats are improperly installed. The officer I had met with had to undergo 40 hours of training + on-going training. Let's see... I've had *counting* ... zero hours of training on the subject. The new seat perplexed the officer at first - she'd never installed the kind we have. But, we persisted, in the parking garage of the police department, and by golly - we got it! I'm looking more like a mom every day: a car seat in the car! (Like the tags, still on the car seat? Heh!)

After the seat was installed I dashed back to the office to use the bathroom. I believe it was my sister-in-law, Jacquie, who said, "when you're pregnant, you learn where the bathrooms are where ever you go... and then when you have a child, you learn where the bathrooms are where ever you go." Heh. I thought it would be good to "go" before the 20 minute commute home.

And that's where I got a surprise! The "show" happened. I won't go into details, you can look it up or ask - but it means labor, as Jason put it, "is imminent". And, according to one of the books we have: "The show may happen a few days before you go into labor, so wait until you start to feel regular contractions in your abdomen or back, or your water breaks, before calling your doctor."

After I called Jason, I called my Mom. She said, "I don't think we had mucus plugs back when I gave birth." Hahahaha! I think ~all~ my mom had to prepare for pregnancy AND labor was a single brochure. She asked if I had called the doctor. I said, "No. I called you!". She laughed at that.

Guess what Jason and I did tonight? We finished packing our bags; got the pre-admissions paperwork signed and completed; and packed ourselves a hefty "snack" bag. There are two baby showers scheduled for this weekend, so I e-mailed the hostesses with the news to be aware.

The baby's been moving a LOT tonight... my whole belly is on the move. I called Jason over so he could see. :) Our lil guy is sure getting strong.

Whew. Time for bed!

No comments: