My friend Claudia said maybe the baby's waiting for a full month to make his appearance. She's familiar with that old saying that more babies are born during a full moon. She encouraged me to check the veracity of that claim online. I did a quick check online and discovered that the full moon is tonight. How's that for synchronicity? But... there seems to be no scientific research to back up the full moon = more babies born claim. Tonight, I've been asking the lil guy, "is this what you're waiting for?"In the quick look-see online, I learned that October's Full Moon is called the "Hunter's Moon" - named for the hunters who tracked and killed their prey by autumn moonlight. It's the first Full Moon after the Harvest Moon.
Other than my belly and back being really tight... there's no sign of labor starting. I've been getting lots of rest these past few days. Tomorrow is my weekly OBGYN appointment... once again, I'll be curious to see what she says in light of the "show" showing last Thursday.
I hope you are all doing well! Thank you for your e-mails, posts, texts, and phone calls. *heart* Please forgive me if my response to you is delayed. My energy level isn't what is used to be. :)
Photo credit: Luc Viatour
5 comments:
Silly girl! Your belly and back getting tight is contractions! LOL... We get a lot of it getting close to the end, some more than others.
Heh... these feel more like the Braxten Hicks contractions that I've been having for weeks now. Though last night Jason did ask if I was timing them, when he noticed my tummy would tighten, then relax. :) We made it through the night and I got to sleep in the bed the entire night to without having to go sleep upright in the recliner. Whoo hoo! xoxo to you, Sara!
yep, it is your body's way of excersizing and getting ready for the big job. It increases till the end. Enjoy :).
Moonbabies....
I just got an email from an old boarding school chum - her sister had her baby today. Heh...
hugs
My doctor said she called the birth center today to see if any babies were born, and none were. Heh. She also said the doctor on call last night looked rested when she saw him this morning. *grin*
Post a Comment