
Jason e-mailed me this cartoon today... no doubt inspired by the fact that he was left one glazed doughnut out of a box of six. A box of six glazed doughnuts that I bought this week... and can I say he's lucky he got the last one?

I'm just waddling along... baby's still making big movements. Last night I think I had a couple of minor contractions that woke me up a bit, but did not keep me awake. I came home from work today and took a nap (Sara - we keep hearing REST is key at this time, and I'm all for it!). After I woke up, I watched the breastfeeding video Trish sent and was pleased to know how much I knew from being around so many nursing babies in the past. Yippie.
Heather sent a video on a baby crawling to the breast - most fascinating to see a newborn rooting her way to the mother's breast within 10 minutes being placed on her chest. Amazing instincts.
When Jason got home tonight, I showed him how to install the borrowed infant car seat (thank you Annie!) into his car then we went to dinner tonight at the Claim Jumper. While waiting for our happy hour appetizers to arrive, Jason mentioned he had his first 'baby dream' last night - but couldn't remember the content of it. Sweet.
Jason got our bags packed into the trunk (that's 'American' for 'boot' for you Brits out there), and made a list of what else we'll need to grab on our way to the birthing center.
I'm still planning on making the brunch baby shower tomorrow... we'll see what the lil guy is planning on. *grin*
There's a handful of folks sleeping with their phones in their rooms these nights... just waiting to hear from us. :) *smooches*
Love and Joy to you all!
2 comments:
If it looks like I’m on your blog everyday it’s true! I’m excited about the arrival of your little one. I keep checking, wondering if today will be the day. In case the videos you watched didn’t have this information I thought I’d add it to your mess of information you are probably getting right now. I had huge breast feeding differences between Pepper and Anakin and I amount it almost all to the moments following birth. Pepper was dragged from me, spanked on the back upside down a few times, cleaned up, who knows what else, then wrapped up and handed to me. Needless to say, it took her sometime to get around to the breast and she struggled the whole breast feeding duration then stopped at only 11 months old. Anakin on the other hand was handed directly up to me after delivery, his naked slimy body was cleaned and checked while lying on my naked body. As soon as he was placed on me I took his little hands and rubbed them over my breasts, they say this helps them find the breast and feel comfortable with the familiar scent (there is more to it too but I don’t remember). They took him for a quick moment to weigh him and measure him and make sure everything was okay then brought him right back to me still naked. Within 30 minutes of delivery he was nursing. It helps the baby feel secure to have his scent on you and to have his skin on your skin, and the more secure the baby is the less scary this new environment will be and the quicker he can get to his number one job at this stage, eating.
we are so excited.
Post a Comment